Internet Explorer blocks ActiveX controls by default, but these scripts are necessary for the DE to operate correctly. You likely received a popup warning at the bottom of your screen when you opened the DE. Click "Allow Blocked Content" in that popup, then access your files normally.
You can also permanently fix this issue by changing an Internet Explorer setting.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the Internet options window.
- In the Settings section, scroll down to Security.
- The first two options under Security should be "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer," and "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer." Click the box next to each of these options so that they are enabled.
- Click Apply button, then click OK.