There are two possibilities here. Either (1) the LockLizard program has not been installed on your computer or (2) your computer is opening the protected files with the wrong program.
If this does not fix the issue try the steps listed below.
If you are on a PC:
- Open your File Explorer. This is usually seen as a folder icon at the bottom of your screen, or you can get to it by clicking My Computer from your desktop on older systems.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tapestry of Grace\pdcs_CUR_Y# (where # is the number of your year-plan).
- Right-click any PDC file. An example would be "CUR-Y1U1.pdc."
- From the list of options, mouse over "Open with" then click either the (a) "Choose default program..." or (b) "Choose another app" then "More apps" option. (You will not need to search the app store.)
- If you see "LockLizard Safeguard - PDF Viewer" listed (see the top of the window that populates), select that.
- Check the box at the bottom of the Open With window that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file."
- If you don't see it listed, click the "Browse..." button and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lizard Safeguard PDF Viewer\PDCViewer.exe.
- If you don't see the LockLizard Safeguard - PDF Viewer listed, then go back to the Download Center, following the instructions to download the viewer there.
- Click OK.
If you are on a Mac:
- Open your Finder. This is the blue face icon on the left side of your dock.
- At the top of the screen, click Go and then click Applications further down.
- In Applications, go to Tapestry of Grace > pdcs_CUR_Y# (where # is the number of your year-plan).
- Right-click (or hold down the control key and click) any PDC file. An example would be "CUR-Y1U1.pdc."
- Select the "Get info" option.
- Go to the "Open with:" section, and change the application to "LockLizard Safeguard Viewer."
- Click the "Change All..." button to set LockLizard to open all PDC files.
Now try opening your documents again. They should now open with the LockLizard program.